Re: [tablatures] 1) unwanted tab symbol 2) default behavior \tabFullNotation

Hello Patrick,

Patrick Schmidt schrieb:
Hi,

1) the following code results in an unwanted (additional) tab symbol in between a staff and a tab staff:

[...]

The unwanted tab symbol can be avoided by either not using \set TabStaff.minimumFret or by moving \clef "treble_8" from Staff = "Music" to Voice = "music".

I think this should be mentioned in the docs as it happens only in combination with \set TabStaff.minimumFret. If no one objects I could add a few words to the NR.
I think this would be great - thanks for your investigations!

2) the command \tabFullnotation currently has to be added to every voice of a tab staff context, i.e.:

\new TabStaff = "guitar tab" <<
      \new TabVoice { \tabFullNotation\upper}
      \new TabVoice { \tabFullNotation\lower}

IMHO \tabFullNotation should affect all voices in a tab staff by default, i.e.:

\new TabStaff = "guitar tab" <<
      \tabFullNotation
      \new TabVoice { \upper}
      \new TabVoice { \lower}

So what do you think of this?
Hmm, I don't think that this is possible, because \tabFullNotation changes
properties within TabStaff and TabVoice contexts.

I tried to rewrite \tabFullNotation in terms of a "global" command, so that
it works document-wise, say

\version ...
\tabFullNotation

upper = ...
lower = ...

\new TabStaff <<
 \new TabVoice { \upper}
 \new TabVoice { \lower}

but that does not work, either :-(
Perhaps someone else knows how to put a complete layout block containing
two \context entries in a single command?

Marc

Marc