Re: [tablatures] Howto print every strings tuning at TAB start?

Hi Frank,

> Hello all,
>
> I read somewhere[TM] in the docs or forum about
> the possibility to name each string of a stringed
> instrument at the beginning of a TAB, but I don't
> recall ...
>
> The tuning information per string should appear
> at the beginning of the TAB. It would look sth.
> like this for a standard 6 string guitar tuning:
>
>   [e]-||----------
>   [H]-||----------
>   [G]-||----------
>   [D]-||----------
>   [A]-||----------
>   [E]-||----------
>

> TIA for any pointer / link / hint!

I'm working on this issue. Here is a workaround. It's not a very good one as you can't use the time signature in TabStaff this way. If you use a different string tuning just adapt the snippet to your needs.

\version "2.13.11"

tabKey = \markup {
  \raise #3.0
  \sans
  \bold
  \teeny
  \override  #'(baseline-skip . 1.5)
  \center-column {
  }
}

\new TabStaff {
  \override  Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = #(lambda (grob)
  ly:time-signature::print (grob-interpret-markup grob tabKey))
  c1
}

HTH,
patrick