Re: [tablatures] Tablature Feature Request Examples - Part 2

On 1/5/10 3:05 PM, "Marc Hohl" <marc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Carl Sorensen schrieb:

>>> Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking.  And that's why you shouldn't use the
>>> slur engraver as the starting point for the bend engraver.  The slur
>>> engraver has all kinds of positioning that I don't think is needed for
>>> either of the bend indications.
>>>

>> Oops, I missed a mistake in your logic.  The bend_engraver is responsible
>> for drawing beam indicators in both the TabStaff and the Staff.  But it's
>> the tab_note_heads_engraver that is responsible for changing the number of
>> the tab-note-head to the amount of bend for that note, as well as for
>> changing the staff position of the bent note.
>>
> That's what I meant. The tab note engraver sees that the bend engraver
> is active and
> changes the tab note head into the appropriate number. I just simplified
> the meaning a bit too much.

Almost, but not quite.  The tab note engraver never talks to the beam
engraver.

The tab note engraver sees that the current note is a bend from the previous
note and changes the appearance of the note head.  It does it entirely
separate from the bend engraver.

The TabVoice could have the bend engraver removed, and the tab notes would
appear as they would with the bends, but the bend graphics would not show
up.

This is important, because I don't know how to make engravers talk with one
another.  The job of engravers is to respond to music events.  Both the bend
engraver and the tab note engraver see the note events; the job of the bend
engraver is to use those events to create bend graphics, and the job of the
tab note head engraver is to use those events to create tab note heads.

Thanks,

Carl