Re: [tablatures] [OT]Jazz solo guitar, finger picking

On 1/22/10 2:06 PM, "rosea grammostola" <rosea.grammostola@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've learned to solo on my electric guitar with a pick/plectrum. Now I'm
> wondering what is the way Jazz guitarist do a solo without a pick?
>
> T= thumb
> i = index
> m = middle finger
> r= ring
>
> E= T
> A = T
> D= T
> G = i
> B = m
> E = r
>
> ???

I can't speak for Jazz, but for classical it's almost always thumb (called
"p" in the classical music) for E, A, and D strings.

G,B, and E strings don't have a one-string, one-finger connection.  It
depends on the sequence of the notes being played.  It's common to to have
the i and m fingers alternate on notes, with an occasional ring finger
(called "a" in the classical music) thrown in.

HTH,

Carl