Re: [tablatures] slides

Marc Hohl wrote:
Federico Bruni schrieb:
Marc Hohl wrote:

> Generally, such changes are not too difficult to manage, but *we* as the
> tablature users should find
> a consensus, so if there are more proposals, wishes etc., please let me
> know.

I have some questions regarding slides.

I think tablature users need different kinds of slides:

* legato slide: just the first note is picked (by fingers or flatpick), the notes after the first one are not picked again. In this case, besides the line which ties the numbers together, there should be an arch (a slur) showing that is a legato slide [this is what I've always seen in most books and tab editors].
I think you can get this by combining a slur with a glissando line:

c ( \glissando d )

yes, it works as expected

* slide up/ slide down: that is, when you slide from and indefinite point to a precise note, so basically the first number is missing. It can't be legato (because there's just one note).

I don't know if I can already get this with \glissando. I never managed to get it working. If I write \glissando "the note to slide to", it will connect the note before with this note.
Do you know any workaround?

I found the following workaround in the archives:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-03/msg00190.html

It is not very pretty, but it works, for the moment...

I've tried this:
\grace{ \hideNotes a8\glissando s s \unHideNotes}  b4\3  d  e2

but it works just on the staff, the TabStaff displays the first note (a8)

how can I hide the note in TabStaff as well?