Re: [frogs] indenting scheme code

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 09:04:55AM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Graham Percival
> <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anybody interested in writing / modifying a scheme script to
> > indent scheme files?  This is a much easier problem than C++ code.
>
> No trolling intended (and I know this has been extensively discussed
> before), but doesn't GNU Emacs do an excellent job at it?

I'm interested in whether anybody is willing to do this task.  The
GOP-PROP will come later.

I personally think that asking people to download 40 megabytes of
emacs to do a task which can be done in a 100-line scheme file is
a bit silly.

> > I've found standalone scripts for PLT Racket and common lisp:
> > http://evalwhen.com/scmindent/index.html
> > I think that they need some minor tweaking to make them run in
> > guile, but I can't imagine it being a huge task.  This could be an
> > ideal introduction to guile.
>
> Is that something "we" want to distribute? If so, how should "we"
> proceed on the licensing front?

I hadn't thought of that, but I would imagine that the author
would be willing to place it under BSD or GPLv3.

Or perhaps it may be possible to convert the emacs guile-indent
elisp thing into guile.  I'd assume that this would be under GPLv2
or v3, but obviously we'd need to check.

Cheers,
- Graham