Re: [frogs] Guitar capo code in scheme

Sorry for the late answer! I was flooded by e-mails recently and i'm
afraid i choose wrong order of answering... :(

2011/7/20 Wols Lists <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 20/07/11 01:05, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>>

>> With the exceptions I've noted above, it looks great!  I think this will do
>> exactly what you want done, and it will satisfy my concerns and Neil's
>> concerns.  Great job!
>>
> Okay, I've tried to follow what you've said, and make the appropriate
> changes. Patches attached.

I understand that they are separate form what you've sent previously?
In other words, i should apply them on a clean master?

> But it won't run :-( and I'm pretty certain
> I've messed up the "let(" syntax.
>
> the error:
>
> anthony@ashdown ~/gitstuff/music/Hymnal/Choruses $ lilypond
> HeGaveMeBeautyForAshes.ly
> GNU LilyPond 2.15.6
> Processing `HeGaveMeBeautyForAshes.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music... ERROR: In procedure memoization:
> ERROR: In file "/usr/local/share/lilypond/2.15.6/scm/chord-name.scm",
> line 173: Bad binding chord-function in expression (let (chord-function
> (ly:context-property context (quote chordNameFunction) #f)) (capo-pitch
> (ly:context-property context (quote capoPitch) #f)) (if (not
> (capo-pitch)) (chord-function pitches bass inversion context) (let
> ((new-pitches (map (lambda # #) pitches)) (new-bass (and (ly:pitch?
> bass) (ly:pitch-transpose bass capo-pitch))) (new-inversion (and
> (ly:pitch? inversion) (ly:pitch-transpose inversion capo-pitch)))
> (capo-markup (make-parenthesize-markup (chord-function new-pitches
> new-bass new-inversion context))) (markup (chord-function pitches bass
> inversion context)) (capo-vertical (ly:context-property context (quote
> capoVertical) #f)) (if (capo-vertical) (make-column-markup (list markup
> capo-markup)) (make-line-markup (list markup # capo-markup))))))).
> anthony@ashdown ~/gitstuff/music/Hymnal/Choruses $

I get it too...
I tried inserting random parentheses, but it didn't work.

I've uploaded your new patch set to Rietveld
(http://codereview.appspot.com/4800051), hopefully it will help in
pinpointing the problem with Scheme syntax.
My apologies for delay!

thanks for your work!
Janek