Re: [frogs] Hello all

On 9/2/10 2:51 PM, "panterozo" <ignacio_aaa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
>     I want to contribute to lilypond programming routines and new features.
>
> I download from http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/sources/v2.13/ the
> latest version of lilypond (lilypond-2.13.30.tar.gz). Then, I run
> ./configure --prefix=/home/Desktop/Lilypond to building a local version, and
> from here I don't  what to do. Please, any suggestion to manipulating the
> source code of lilypond and not die in try will be welcome.

Have you succeeded in creating a local version of LilyPond?  From this
message I didn't know if you succeeded or not.  If not, please read the
Contributors' Guide, and see if that can help.  Then ask more questions here
on the frogs list.

If you have succeeded in building LilyPond locally, then go ahead and work
with Neil and Graham's suggestions.

I'd like to second Neil's suggestion of getting git (perhaps with
lily-git.tcl) working.  It will make your life easier.

Thanks,

Carl