Re: [frogs] Hello all

On 2 September 2010 21:51, panterozo <ignacio_aaa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All:

Hello and welcome. :)

>    I want to contribute to lilypond programming routines and new features.

Great!

If you're interested in tackling existing bugs/enhancements, please
take a look at the bug tracker here:

http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list

> I download from http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/sources/v2.13/ the
> latest version of lilypond (lilypond-2.13.30.tar.gz). Then, I run
> ./configure --prefix=/home/Desktop/Lilypond to building a local version, and
> from here I don't  what to do. Please, any suggestion to manipulating the
> source code of lilypond and not die in try will be welcome.

Have you looked at the Contributor's Guide for 2.13
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/index)?  It
should help get you up to speed with compiling, and might save you a
lot of time if you're using a distribution which can install the
dependencies automatically.

The version you've downloaded is a bit out of date; you'll be much
better off cloning the repository via git, especially since it will
help produce nicely formatted patches which are based on the current
code.

Cheers,
Neil