Re: [frogs] Re: Enhancement: string bends (issue216051)

Marc Hohl schrieb:
Carl Sorensen schrieb:

On 3/17/10 1:12 PM, "Marc Hohl" <marc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carl.D.Sorensen@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:
Inside a chord, the string numbers don't come as events, they come as
articulations on the note events.

I assume that the same will be true of \bend, once it's added to the
parser.  It will create a bendEvent if it's outside a chord construct,
and an articulation to the noteEvent if it's inside the chord construct.
 That way, it's easy to tell which note the bend applies to.
Ah, I see. So I have to tell the parser how to handle \bend?

I thought this was already done by defining bend in ly/declarations-init.ly,
so lilypond does the right thing ...

It may do so.  I have not traced down this particular feature.  I'm
certainly not a parser expert. I just assumed that you'd need to modify the
parser.

Maybe your understanding is correct.
Hello Carl,

please review the current changes. IIUC, articulations can be
established by make-articulation, so perhaps I do not need
to change the parser.

By the way, if I uncomment the \displayMusic line in bend-test.ly,
lilypond aborts. I think I have to add bend to the music output routines,
but for the moment, everything looks very promising :-)
I had time to work a little bit more on this issue. I included a number of
"cout << ..." lines which seem to indicate that everything is fine.

Now (given that the engraver structure is ok) I have to include the actual
drawing routine. How do I tell the routine which note-events it should
use?
If I look at glissando-engraver.cc, I see a function called make_spanner,
but it is still mysterious to me how the function gets its starting
and ending points/events.
Any hints are more than welcome.

Thanks,

Marc