Re: [frogs] How can I output Stream_event variables on the console?

On 2/24/10 1:51 AM, "Marc Hohl" <marc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> assuming that I define
>
> Stream_event *event = note_events_[i];
>
> (within a for-loop, of course)
>
> how can I print the contents of "event" on the console?
> I will trace some variables to get an idea of whats
> going on inside the loop; I didn't need some fancy well-formatted
> output.

IIRC, you can get a display on the console by using gdb with the .gdbinit
file listed in the CG, section 9.6.2, setting a breakpoint in your routine,
and issuing the following command from the console when you've reached the
breakpoint:

pmusic event

Once you've verified that this works, you could also execute those same
Scheme procedures by using scm_call_1 from the C++ code if you didn't want
to go through the debugger.

HTH,

Carl