[frogs] Re: Numeric note heads for singers

David,

I'd love to have you jump in on this.

I think you need to look at the code that produces all of the special note
heads in scm/output-lib.scm.

Standard easy note heads are created by note-head::brew-ez-stencil.

You could write a note-head::brew-shape-note-ez-stencil to do the honors, or
alternatively, you could just use standard ez note heads with a number
indicating the scale degree instead of with a letter.  If you look
brew-ez-stencil, you'll see that letter is a markup of the pitch-string.  If
shapeNotes is active, then you'd do the same markup with the scale degree.
So you just need to figure out how to get the scale degree.

The current code for getting the scale degree is found in
ly/note-heads-engraver.cc, lines 98-114.

Have a look at these areas, and let me know if I can answer more questions.

Thanks,

Carl