[frogs] Re: ready to (re)start

On 1/13/10 8:35 AM, "Kieren MacMillan" <kieren_macmillan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Carl, Frogs, Graham, et al.:
>
> I've now got Mac OS X 10.6 installed on my computer, several GB of extra HD
> space, and am ready to try to get a Lilypond build system set up so that I can
> do some Lilypond development work.
>
> Hopefully, it will not be nearly as frustrating [and time-consuming] as my
> [failed] attempts on OS 10.4S  =\
> Are there any mentors out there who can walk me through setting up git, etc.,
> in the least possible time with the least possible anguish?

I can help you with 10.5, but I haven't done anything with 10.6, so I don't
know what the 10.6 specific issues are.

I have installed my LilyPond build system using MacPorts.

First thing to do is get MacPorts set up.  I don't have internet access
right now, so I can't give you a link.

Once you have MacPorts set up, you can install git:

sudo port install git

Once git is installed, you can create a git lilypond repository.  The
easiest way to do that is with lily-git.tcl, which you can download from the
Savannah git repository:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git

by going to scripts/auxiliar

You can then install LilyPond either with the MacPorts install

sudo port install lilypond

or with Nicolas Sceaux's excellent instructions:

<http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/index.php/2008/11/30/26>

Nicolas's instructions use fewer dependencies, and install less on your hard
drive.  But they have more steps for you to take.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Carl