Re: [frogs] Patch for Issue #830

Graham Percival wrote Monday, December 21, 2009 2:46 PM

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:56:51AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

Graham Percival wrote Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:13 PM

git rebase --whitespace=fix master mymods

Can that be written as a universal preference?  and added to CG
1.1?  (I think it's that section; it might have moved)

Developers are certainly familiar with branches, as they
make code development so much easier and are essential
for uploading code to Reitveld.

If git
can be configured to automatically fix whitespaces, then I'll
copy&paste the command and then stop pushing commits that add
whitespace errors.

As far as I know it can't.  The rebase command rebases
one git branch on another, so you have to be using branches
to take advantage of it.

I'd rather keep that command in the CG somewhere -- I agree that
it doesn't need to be CG 1.1, but maybe a "configuration for
advanced commands" or whatever -- because I periodically switch
computers, and if I just find the command now, I won't have it "on
hand" when I set up another computer.

It's not a configuration option; it's a git command.

I added a new section on this to the CG earlier
this morning.  See if that makes it clearer.

Trevor