Re: [frogs] Here, froggie froggies... python update-texinfo-menus

On 3/12/09 12:35 PM, "Andrew Wilson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, It's been nearly 2 weeks and no-one else has stepped up
> so I'll have a go at this.  Gives me a reason to learn python.

Good for you!  I thought about doing it, but my free time comes in such
small chunks right now that I don't think I could do this effectively.

> Since I'm not currently familiar with python there will be no
> associated boasting.  There will however be a vim user installing
> 100 megs of crap to see what the original does.

You can do that, but you might be able to avoid it.

If you look at at a texinfo file (or a .itely file), you'll see that there
are menus, which correspond to @node{} macros  and @section{} or
@subsection{} macros in the file.

The emacs texinfo-update-all-menus macro simply goes through the file and
puts in menus that match the @node{} calls to the sectioning commands.

I don't think you need to exactly duplicate the emacs macro.  I think you
just need to (re-)create the menus.

Thanks,

Carl