Re: [frogs] which version to use for a convert-ly rule?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 08:44:14PM -0700, Andrew Hawryluk wrote:
> I've pulled from origin and fixed a bug (don't get too excited - it
> may have been the tiniest bug ever):
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=729
>
> I see that the most recent rule is 2.13.0, so my rule should be 2.13.x
> where x >= 0. Do I use the current development version or current + 1
> and how do I check which version we're up to?

Theoretically, the VERSION file should always be the (last
released version)+1, which is what you should add.  When I start
doing the job I'm supposed to be doing (release manager), I will
(almost) always remember to do this.

The safest way is to do the current_downloadable_2.13 +1.

Cheers,
- Graham