Re: [frogs] Adding docstring support to def-grace-function

Hi Patrick,
if I can count with your help, I would like to try it.

--
Marek Klein
http://gregoriana.sk

2009/1/7 Patrick McCarty <pnorcks@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi Frogs,

There are three music functions in Appendix B14 that cannot have
docstrings.  These functions are:

acciaccatura
appoggiatura
grace

The reason docstrings cannot be added is because these functions are
defined *indirectly* through the def-grace-function procedure.  You
can find the definition of def-grace-function in
scm/music-functions.scm.

In order to add docstrings to these three functions, we have to do two things:

A.  Decide on the syntax
B.  Revise the definition of def-grace-function to accomodate docstrings

For A., using acciaccatura as an example, I propose the following syntax:

acciaccatura =
#(def-grace-function (_i "add docstring") startAcciaccaturaMusic
stopAcciaccaturaMusic)

Is anyone else interested in tackling B. ?  I can work on it if nobody
is interested.

Thanks,
Patrick