[godot-tutors] Video & Tutorial Quality + Personal ramble

Hello everyone!

I am looking into exchanging a few thoughts, ideas and get a discussion going about video & tutorial quality - and a little personal ramble at the end.

I am looking into ways to make better tutorial videos. Currently, I am theoretically able to create 1 video each day (single topic videos) at the cost of "production value" within around ~3-5 hours per video. This includes rendering and uploading (thanks to KdenLive, the fastest rendering video editor I've ever used).
I have reserved only 3 days for video creation because I am busy job-hunting and learning UE4 for the same reason. Even if that were not the case, I believe 3 videos each week gives me enough time between videos to work on Godot Engine projects and material to work with during tutorials.

However, when I look at other tutorials - I can't help but to feel that I am missing something. I can't put my finger on it. Because of that, I am looking at hard-critique. No-mercy-critique.
The most common "discussion" is about the voice speedup - the same time it is now a channel niche that separates my tutorial videos from all the rest - which is good.

As for tutorial projects; I am currently working on 2 major courses, that I intend to make "quality" tutorials of.
- 2D Top-Down Vehicle Shooter (Intended for users that is familiar with Godot Engine and GDScript)
- Godot Engine Fundamentals (covering GDscript for complete beginners to programming)

It is my goal to create a Godot Engine series on-par with Pluralsight or Udemy's videos.
What does "quality" mean to me? Shorter and scripted videos together with a written tutorial to accompany each video. Peer-review before publishing - a few days in advance of publishing them (I may need a few volunteers).

I will definitely post more information about those series once I have my material. I am about 20% done with the Godot Engine Fundamentals script.

Economy. People keep suggesting I should create an Patreon.
I am biased against it. I do not feel it is right to ask money for the work I do.
I do not spend 12-16 hours recording and editing videos. I spend around 2-5 hours each per video. Someone even suggested I should use "early access to videos" as an incentive for Patreons. Or access to written tutorials N weeks in advance.
Even so, I would probably keep creating ~3 videos each week. So that I may keep working on various projects that I can use to create tutorials out of, and of course to create my own indie games with Godot Engine.

On a more personal note:
It is my personal goal to get a full-time job in order to gain professional work experience developing games with other experienced developers, regardless of game engine.
That being said; being able to work with Godot Engine full-time, creating tutorials, publishing projects and source code templates, while working with the source code itself would be my "end goal" (dream) in life.

Why would I then want to get professional work experience? Because if I am somehow lucky enough to be able to do this full-time, I would miss out on extremely valuable life experience developing games.

I know what you may be thinking: What kind of crazy person would want to "work for someone" (with someone) when they can do what they want to do while earning a living of it?
Life experience is a defining characteristic of an individual. If I were to skip gaining professional work experience - working as a peon - I would be missing out on valuable experience, friendship and knowledge that would definitely make me a better person, developer and a better tutor in the end. I do not intend to stop creating tutorials even as a full-time worker.

Sorry for the ramble.

Thoughts? Feelings? Pineapple on Pizza?

Vennlig hilsen,
Ivan Skodje