Från: Gilles BRUN-GAUTIER <gilles.brungautier@xxxxxxxxx>
Skickat: den 3 november 2018 18:44
Till: Order Penclic <order@xxxxxxxxxx>
Kopia: discussions@xxxxxxxxxxx; jose.bove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; michele.alliot-marie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; eric.andrieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: Swiss Bepo keyboard

Dear Penclic Team,

I'm dreaming of a "European Common Keyboards ("ECKs" doesn't it sound good ?) for those, like me, who are keeping on switching between different languages of EU : like English, German and French for me.

NB : "s", at the end of "ECKs" stands for fine little deferences that might be in option depending on the most use language (see differents between the French and German versions of the QWERTZ swiss standard Keyboard)

If a company like yours were taking the lead, I imagine that, for once, northern countries like Sweden would not be put apart of "negotiation" of the standard.

Moreover, I think that it shouldn't be that difficult as German, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian have common roots, just like French, Spanish and Italian.

Last point, Swiss people have created a QWERTZ keyboard (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ) that make a bridge between French and German, andlet me tell you, nowadays, Swiss people won't go for any other actual keyboard standard...

Currently, AFNOR, the french office that define standards, is actually working on a standard for France call "Bépo" (http://bepo.fr/wiki/Accueil), base on Dvorak's keyboard configuration rules ... But as french people are selfish and they can't imagine that good ideas could appear somewhere else as France, they are building it for french people who are thinking, speaking, writting and reading french only...

Maybe, there's a chance for such a "ECKs" Project to be successfull at European Level and thus to open a new product market, where it would be good to take the lead.

Plus, there are some good ideas to be looked at, with more ergonomic keyboards with "command key" put in center (see http://www.typematrix.com or https://www.trulyergonomic.com), by they are seriously ugly.

I'm sure that a Cocktail with a "Swedish design", a European Standard, some ergonomic concerns, typing time gains (for European Students of Erasmus Programm !?!) could get some European Representative supports.

Frankly speaking, I'm unemployed and I would love to work with you on such a project...

Let me know if something already exist on your side... Or will come.

Cordialement, mit Freundlichen Grüßen, Atentamente, Kind regards,

Gilles BRUN GAUTIER

63, avenue du Maréchal Leclerc

FR - 33 400 Talence

Tel : +33.614.362.108