Re: [chrony-users] Debugging PPS messages in chrony

Rob,

I know that an absolute source of time information is necessary, I just figured there would be some indication of PPS being received by chrony. Note, this is not actually a GPS, and the PPS line is going to a GPIO pin, as a result I do not believe ldattach is necessary following http://paul.chavent.free.fr/pps.html.

I don't entirely understand the last point, my understanding was that it is chrony who creates the SHM/socket depending on the configuration, in this case how can I start the SHM program before starting chrony? The motivation of the original question is that without some confirmation that at least the PPS is received, it becomes very difficult to debug with PPS+SHM simultaneously, if this doesn't work immediately (which it didn't). Do you have any suggestions for how to proceed?

Best regards,
Morten