Re: [chrony-users] Temporarily stop syncing

On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 11:40:17AM -0400, Jeffrey Kane Johnson wrote:
> Is there functionality for indicating to chrony that it should temporarily stop syncing? As an example, if I wanted to ensure that the system clock is not altered while another process is running, I could do something like `touch /tmp/stop_chrony.lock` and then chrony will stop syncing until that file is removed.

NTP sources can be switch to offline with the chronyc offline command.
With chrony >= 4.4 you can add the noselect option to each source (NTP
server or refclock) with the chronyc selectopts command, which will
stop updates of the system clock while still polling the sources.