[chrony-users] Clarification of terminologies

Hello,

When looking at offsets, is it better to rely on RMS offset from `chronyc tracking` or the best source's estimated offset from `chronyc sources -v` (provided this is only for the last sample)? Also, how would these differ from running `adjtimex()` and taking a look at `timex`'s offset member?

When trying to analyze how good my system clock is, should I take a look at estimated error (from `chronyc sources -v` or `adjtimex()`) as well or is a really low offset (based on the above) sufficient (assuming my source is stratum 1)?

Thanks,
Abhijith