Re: [chrony-users] Chrony on CM4

I've now got NTP-over-PTP working on the Marvell AQC-107. I set up a
new PC with Fedora 38 as a server with a i210-T1 (same setup as with
the CM4 except for adding a width option to the PHC clock and changing
the offset).  If I plug the server and the AQC-107 into the same
switch (a Unifi USW-Flex-XG), offsets were consistently in the low
tens of nanoseconds, and all the indicators. If there are multiple
switches between clients and servers, then the offsets get
significantly worse, as expected.

On the CM4 server, I've noticed another problem: there are spikes in
the PHC extpps refclock: instead of the offsets all being low tens of
nanoseconds (as with the i210), it spikes up to hundreds of
nanoseconds. I suspect this is the reading of the PHC interfering with
the extts events. See https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/5231

James