Re: [chrony-users] PPS and NMEA same source not combined

Ok Bill thanks very much for the comprehensive reply, so in effect I am using both effectively by locking my pps against an NMEA, and once it has that pps takes over and NMEA ceases to be needed.  So in effect what I am seeing is the correct behaviour and I shouldn’t expect anything different.  That’s all great to know, thank you.
What mitigation can I add for say someone changing the date of the machine, as my current method keeps seconds accurately but doesn’t seem to test beyond that, so into mins hours and days?  Hope you understand my question.

Many thanks, Mike.

Kind regards, Michael A Smith.

📲 07973 221971
🏠 24, Fifth Avenue, Portsmouth PO6 3PE UK
📩 mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My apologies for any incorrect information or typographical errors. Any opinions expressed are my own, and are not intended to offend. Anyone offended by anything stated, will likely have offended me, by being inconsiderate of my beliefs.