Re: [chrony-users] PPS and NMEA same source not combined

Whetehr it is actually accurate to 300ns is open to debate. It has no way of
knowing what the time lag is between the GPS receiver receiving the second
mark, and the computer actually registring it. Length of the cable from the
receiver to the computer, time of the computer actually registring the arrival
of the leading edge of the pulse. Time required to actually read the system
clock. Those are all places of systematic delays. All chrony can do is to
measure the random delays and errors, and average them out. That gives the
300ns. Without another more accurate timing source you cannot test the
actually accuracy. But I suspect you do not care for that kind of accuracy
anyway.

Secondly, are you sure that your nmea actaully works and is delivering the
time to the computer?If you stop and restart chrony is the time delivered
approximately right? If you look in the chrony logs, do you see the nmea time
being delivered to the machine even if it is not selected?

So what does it say
chronyd
sources

How are you getting the nmea timing?