[chrony-users] Chrony problem - not synchronizing time

Dear All,

We have an implementation of custom hardware with GPS receiver and RTC (DS3231) with chrony and gpsd and it is working good. We always have a good flow of events meaning that first GPS is locked and chrony first selects GPS as a source( * sign) and after few minutes PPS ( hardware pin on the serial port) is selected as valid source(* sign). After this even if system time is off by few months or even a years the makestep directive is syncing the clock and everything works ok (using the maxdistance directive).

The problem I have is when i start my system with the GPS antenna hidden ( no good visibility to open sky) then I notice that chronyd will also select PPS as valid source ( since it is hardware) but before GPS actually locks( this is a real world situation when it might take longer time to get valid GPS lock). So when GPS locks it has valid time but at this moment PPS is already selected as source with *, and chrony is rejecting the NMEA messages with the valid time and system clock is not synced. I have noticed that during this time GPS source is marked as - or x.

Do you have any idea for this behaviour?

Attached is my chrony conf file.

Thank you,