From: Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2022 2:07 AM
To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Obfusticated data?

[You don't often get email from mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 08:33:01PM +0000, Mark Notarus wrote:
> We have been doing that by parsing local logs, which works fine but scales terribly.

What is the issue with scaling? You can could be polling the tracking report, or pushing it from the client to a central location.

> Could someone help me understand the goal of this data deletion?

Here is a draft that described this idea:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-data-minimization-04

As a workaround, you can use specify the server as "peer" instead of "server", which will disable the data minimization.