Re: [chrony-users] Question about chrony use in a system without RTC battery

I would say you can handle that yourself by running a startup job that
runs before your logger application, retrieves the last time of a log
entry, compares that to the current clock, and when the clock is
lower it sets the time to that latest log entry time (maybe +1).
Then in case there is no internet connection, at least your time won't
jump back.

Rob