Re: [chrony-users] PHC / NIC / PPS mismatch

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 05:28:56PM -0800, Christopher Hoover wrote:
> refclock SHM 0 refid NMEA precision 1e-3 poll 3 offset 100e-3 noselect
> refclock PHC /dev/ptp2:extpps refid PPS width 100e-3 precision 1e-9 lock
> NMEA poll 0 trust

> If I look for PPS, I find it on ptp0/pps0 with Bullseye.

> It is not found anywhere else.
>
> If tried telling chrony to /dev/ptp0 instead of /dev/ptp2, but it does NOT
> find the PPS.

Does the SHM refclock work correctly? If it didn't, the PPS PHC
wouldn't report any samples. You could try removing the lock option
and add an NTP server to be sure.

I don't remember any changes between chrony-3.4 and 4.0 that could
have an impact in this configuration.

You could try adding ":pin=1" to the PHC refclock config, to see if
the newer kernel is numbering the pins differently, but I doubt it.

If that doesn't help, run chronyd in strace for few seconds and post
the output here.