Re: [chrony-users] Poor synchronization to local NTP server

>> Maybe we should add geographic coordinates to the NTP protocol
>> so a client can sanity check the round trip times.
> Uh, the round trip time is easily measureable. It is one of the things the ntp

Right.  And NTP assumes the routing delays are symmetric.  But it doesn't know
anything about the delays so it has to add 1/2 the round trip time to the
possible error budget.

If you knew the server was on the other side of the country, you could make a
rough estimate of the minimal round trip time and remove that from the error
budget.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.