Re: [chrony-users] Chronyd does not use non-nts servers

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 10:24:01AM -0400, William Holmes wrote:
> Is it possible to use any unauthenticated NTP sources just as bootstrap NTP
> sources, when the clock is reasonably close to the true time,
> unauthenticated NTP sources will automatically get the noselect option to
> prevent them from being selected for synchronisation?

You can use the initstepslew directive to specify an initial set of
servers, which are used without any authentication.

> It is not just simply falling back to unauthenticated NTP.

I think it's only slightly better than not using NTS at all. I'd
rather disable the time checks if there was no way to keep the clock
sane across restarts.