Re: [chrony-users] Chrony as non-root user (again)

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020, 20:44 Denny Page <dennypage@xxxxxx> wrote:
This does not sound like a good idea. Not only with this confuse and annoy the end user admins, but it is also annoy the downstream maintainers. Upstream distributions that do things like this become quickly unpopular downstream.

I was exaggerating a bit. My point is that you can quite clearly point out that it is a configuration error and not a problem with the software itself.