Re: [chrony-users] Adding intentional offset with chronyd

Maybe if you tell us why you are trying to do that we could give you a better
solution than what you are trying. (The offset command tells chrony to read
the timestamps from the server as though they were out by 40 sec, not send
those)

If you do chronyc
it will tell you the version
tunnel:0[unruh]>chronyc
chrony version 3.4
Copyright (C) 1997-2003, 2007, 2009-2018 Richard P. Curnow and others
chrony comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and
you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  See the
GNU General Public License version 2 for details.

Also why do you not show us exactly what the command is that you have in
chrony.conf and also what the error message is.

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada V6T 1Z1 ____|____ and Gravity ______|_ www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/