Re: [chrony-users] Resume from suspend and default makestep configuration

Hello Pali,

Le 18/05/2020 à 12:37, Pali Rohár a écrit :
> The main problem is when system is put into suspend or hibernate state.
>
> In my opinion resuming from suspend / hibernate state should be handled
> in the same way as (re)starting chronyd. You do not know what may
> happened during sleep.
Yes and in case of needed workaround, it should be done at the system
level, not chrony.
A job for systemd.
> And as I pointed there are existing problems that UEFI/BIOS firmware
> changes RTC clock without good reason which results in completely wrong
> system clock.

Could well be identified by blacklist at the udev/systemd level for
applying or not the workaround (restart chrony or launch a chronyc
command at resume)

Emmanuel.