Re: [chrony-users] initial sync speed

On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 01:45:27PM +0000, Peter Morrow wrote:
> I'm seeing this configuration take around 6s and would like to reduce
> this time as much as possible, can anyone suggest anything to consider
> here? Removing some servers might be an option if this speeds things
> up.

6 seconds correspond to 4 measurements at 2-second burst interval. In
chrony-3.4 and newer the burst interval is proportional to the polling
interval. You could specify the servers with a minpoll of 2 or smaller
to get the first update sooner. But you should be doing that only with
your own servers as admins of most public servers don't like clients
that poll at such a high rate.