Re: [chrony-users] Backward time jump detected! Can't synchronise: no selectable sources

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 03:03:00PM +0000, saga m wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>     When I adjust the system time with data command, chronyd just logged,
>     Jan 2 13:56:40 localhost chronyd[124497]: Backward time jump detected!
> Jan 2 13:56:40 localhost chronyd[124497]: Can't synchronise: no selectable sources
>     I'm sure the source is well connected, and after several minutes chronyd can synchronize the time with the source, but why chronyd
>     print 'Can't synchronise: no selectable sources' if I adjust my system time with data command every time?

When chronyd is controlling the system clock, nothing else should be
making any adjustments or steps. chronyd doesn't know by how much
exactly the clock was stepped, which breaks its internal state, so it
has to reset and it takes some time to recover.