Re: Sv: [chrony-users] Multi-source: No source change from unreachable to reachable one

I will try that. Thank you.

From: Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:00:48 PM
To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Sv: [chrony-users] Multi-source: No source change from unreachable to reachable one

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 02:51:50PM +0000, Joanna Yurdal wrote:
> In last test I have made the unreachable source was selected for 10 min.  After that I have stopped the test since it is way too long for our failover requirements.

10 minutes is probably too short for the NTP source in your
configuration to be considered better than the refclock. The goal is
to minimize the clock error, not fast or frequent reselection.

If you need it faster, you can configure a smaller maxpoll, smaller
maxsamples, larger maxclockerror, and smaller reselectdist.