Re: [chrony-users] DHCP and Chrony

Hi Patrick,

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 02:33:35PM -0400, Patrick Whitney wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm running chrony 3.2 on Ubuntu 18.04.  I was expecting it to add the NTP
server in the DHCP list to the list of sources, but that's not happening.

I’m wondering if this is due to Ubuntu using the built-in systemd-networkd DHCP client. Would you mind to check, please?

Being new to chrony, I may be missing something, but I'm not finding a way to configure chrony to pull the address from the lease, like NTP would.

Is chrony capable of pulling an NTP server address from a DHCP lease?

It depends on the distribution in use. That will probably be the case if you use Debian, Red Hat or their derivatives because they provide a
chrony helper script and a *dhclient* hook script.

Thanks in advance!!
-Pat

Cheers,
Vincent