Re: [chrony-users] Android clients

On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 12:03:19PM +0100, Julio Carlos Barrera Juez wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm using chrony in a local deployment I have. I have a configured server
> and some clients working as expected in Linux stations. I need to add some
> Android clients to the deployment, but I don't know if I can add chrony
> client to them. Could I use the default Android NTP client against my
> chrony server?

There is no Android package of chrony, or at least I have not seen
one.

The NTP client(s) included in Android should work fine with a chrony
server. An issue could be that some apps include their own NTP clients
and they don't allow the server to be specified. One way to fix that
would be to redirect the NTP requests (UDP port 123) in the firewall.