Re: [chrony-users] Help Chrony synchronization(connectivity) is lost after 10 to 15 minutes.

On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 04:51:52PM +0000, Munsif ALI wrote:
> I have used for logging sensor data while not connected to the Internet.I want to use a GPS receiver<https://m.ipc2u.com/catalog/gps-721> for the time synchronization. I would like to use gpsd and chrony to achieve this.

> When I run chronyc tracking and chronyc sources it looks like the my machine is connecting to GPS.
>
> here my Chronyc tracking command output:
>

> Reference ID    : 116.122.250.120 (116.122.250.120)
> Stratum         : 1

The Reference ID indicates chrony is synchronized to an NTP server,
but stratum is of a reference clock, and your config doesn't have an
NTP server. Was it combined from two different tracking outputs?

> root@munsif:/home/munsif# chronyc sources -v
> 210 Number of sources = 1
> MS Name/IP address Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample
> #* SOCK 0 4 7 10 -12us[ +561us] +/- 15us
>
> When we start the GPS chronyc sources -v says chrony is synchronized the gps sock... here is the output of chronyc sources.
> After 5 to 10 mints chronyc sources -v command says GPS in not synchronized

The problem can either be that chrony is receiving measurements from
gpsd but for some reason is ignoring them, or gpsd stops providing the
measurements.

Can you please add "log refclocks statistics" to your chrony.conf,
restart chronyd and gpsd, let it run for few minutes, and post the
logs here?