[chrony-users] Help

Problem : Chrony synchronization(connectivity) is lost after 10 to 15 minutes.

I have used for logging sensor data while not connected to the Internet.I want to use a GPS receiver for the time synchronization. I would like to use gpsd and chrony to achieve this.

here is my chrony.conf file

    refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.ttyS0.sock refid SOCK
    keyfile /etc/chrony/chrony.keys
    commandkey 1
    driftfile /var/lib/chrony/chrony.drift
    log tracking measurements statistics
    logdir /var/log/chrony

    # maxupdateskew 100.0

    dumponexit

    dumpdir /var/lib/chrony

    # local stratum 10
    allow

    logchange 0.5

    makestep 1 -1

    # mailonchange root@localhost 0.5

    hwclockfile /etc/adjtime

    rtcsync

When I run chronyc tracking and chronyc sources it looks like the my machine is connecting to GPS.

here my Chronyc tracking command output:

Reference ID    : 116.122.250.120 (116.122.250.120)
Stratum         : 1
Ref time (UTC)  : wed sep 18 19:05:11 2018
System time     : 0.000564536 seconds fast of NTP time
Last offset     : +0.000280794 seconds
RMS offset      : 0.000322653 seconds
Frequency       : 19.616 ppm fast
Residual freq   : +0.003 ppm
Skew            : 0.053 ppm
Root delay      : 0.039604 seconds
Root dispersion : 0.000406 seconds
Update interval : 1042.6 seconds
Leap status     : Normal

root@munsif:/home/munsif# chronyc sources -v
210 Number of sources = 1
MS Name/IP address Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample
#* SOCK 0 4 7 10 -12us[ +561us] +/- 15us

When we start the GPS chronyc sources -v says chrony is synchronized the gps sock... here is the output of chronyc sources.
After 5 to 10 mints chronyc sources -v command says GPS in not synchronized

root@munsif:/home/munsif# chronyc sources
210 Number of sources = 1
MS Name/IP address Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample
#? SOCK 0 4 0 436 +121ns[ +132ns] +/- 3511ns

Every thing is working fine for 5 to 10 mints and after that chrony is not sync with GPS.
when chrony is not sync I run following commands
systemctl restart chrony
systemctl restart gpsd
Now chrony is sync with GPS approx 5 to 10 mints and again after that connectivity is lost.

I have also put this question to stackoverflow and unix.exchange web.

Here this question link  and here is discussion link

Any help will be highly appreciated.

regrads.

Munsif Ali