Re: [chrony-users] How to set time manually without adjusting clock drift?

On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 06:31:11PM +0200, Manuel Wagesreither wrote:
> I would like to set the reference time chrony delivers to its clients manually. Using `chronyc settime` has the side-effect of recalculating the clock drift. This is entirely unwanted, as, in my case, it does not imply the clock having drifted.

This is an interesting use case.

I think you can prevent chronyd from adjusting the frequency by
deleting the manual samples, so it doesn't have more than one and
cannot estimate the frequency. I.e. each "settime" command should be
followed by "manual delete 0".