Re: [chrony-users] Trouble with PPS

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 12:29:56PM +0200, Alvaro Gamez wrote:
> I'm trying to make chrony sync against a GPS and PPS signal, but it seems
> like the PPS is being ignored.
>
> I run gpsd attached to the serial console which has the GPS connected, and
> for PPS I want to use chrony, so this is the configuration I've set:
>
> # cat chrony.conf
> refclock SHM 0 refid GPS
> refclock PPS /dev/pps0 lock GPS refid PPS

If you add an NTP server to the config, what does chronyc sourcestats
print? The PPS would be ignored if the SHM source was too far from
the true time. The config might need to specify an offset for it. With
an NTP server we should see the offset.

Also, it might help us to see the debug output, which can be enabled
by chronyd -d -d if it was compiled with --enable-debug.