Re: [chrony-users] How to avoid oversteering

> > > What kernel version is the board running? There was a bug which caused
> > > issues like that and it was fixed few years ago. IIRC it was specific
> > > to 32-bit platforms.
> No, I think it's this one:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?i
> d=2619d7e9c92d524cb155ec89fd72875321512e5b

perfect, that was the problem!! Thanks a lot!

I've also tested fully disabling the "tick-less" functionality (forcing the
kernel to emit "ticks" when busy and also when idle) but that did not help.
Said the other way around: having a "tickless" kernel does not seem to be an
obstacle to Chrony :)

The behaviour without the abs64 kernel, on the other hand, is completely
different, with
	Residual freq
and Skew
to jump to ridiculously high values once the correct NTP time is reached...

Thanks again for you support!