Re: [chrony-users] chrony and ntpd xleave interoperability

Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

The bug in the interleaved mode is a bit more subtle. The state is
updated from received packet, but only when one of the timestamps is
zero (i.e. it's the first packet of the association). This means two
ntpd 4.2.8p10 can interoperate, but I suspect the association will not
recover if there is a mismatch between the receive timestamps.

I have seen problems like that, and stopped using symmetric peering.
As far as I know, just declaring "server" in each direction works OK (there is loop-detection code)
and appears a lot more stable.  Probably and debugged tested better.

Rob