Re: [chrony-users] Configuring chrony debian service - BBB

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 05:11:06PM -0500, Joe Smith wrote:
> I fiddled around with chronyd.service gpsd.service and I think I have
> something that works. Both gpsd and chronyd start successfully on boot.

Great.

> ** chronyd.service **
>
> [Unit]
> Description=chrony, an NTP client/server
> Documentation=man:chronyd(8) man:chronyc(1) man:chrony.conf(5)
> Conflicts=systemd-timesyncd.service openntpd.service
> After=multi-user.target

The change that fixed it is the line above?

There is apparently a way to add an ordering dependency on the PPS
device itself using a device unit, which can be created automatically
if there is a udev rule with "TAG+=systemd".

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/186899/how-to-wait-for-a-dev-video0-before-starting-a-service
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.device.html