Re: [chrony-users] GPS / Chrony NTP server config questions

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 07:40:33AM -0500, Joe Smith wrote:
> Thank you for the quick response Bill... The PPS is coming in on /dev/pps1
> which is what I have in the refclock entry in my chrony.conf file. When run
> the cat command corresponding to that device I get:
>
> debian@beaglebone:~/ntp-gps-server/pps-overlay$ cat
> /sys/devices/virtual/pps/pps1/assert
> 1510661769.997836084#571264

That looks good. The configuration also looks good. I guess the only
thing that could be wrong is the offset value on the SHM line. Does
the machine have an internet connection? It might help if you could
configure it with an NTP server and remove the lock option from PPS to
see if it works that way and to see if the offset of the NMEA source
needs to be adjusted.

If that doesn't work, recompiling chrony with debug support
(--enable-debug) and running chronyd with -d -d should show why it's
ignoring the PPS samples.