Re: [chrony-users] leapsectz and phc refclock offset

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:31:41AM -0400, Chris Perl wrote:
> I happened to observe one of these episodes in real time and restarted
> phc2sys, which immediately caused the issues to stop.  I figured
> perhaps it was some kind of feedback loop between phc2sys and chrony.

You are the first one reporting this problem. If you have collected
the phc2sys output and chrony's refclock+tracking logs from that time,
I'd like to see that.

> > I think a new "tai" option could be added for refclocks. If specified,
> > the refclock code would call something like REF_GetTaiOffset() and add
> > (or substract?) the value to offset in all samples.
>
> In my particular case (assuming I don't ultimately wind up using one
> of the alternatives you proposed), that would be very helpful.
>
> What would you imagine the time frame to get something like that going
> would be?  I'm not trying to ask you to do it now, just curious when
> it might land or if attempting to provide patches for such a thing
> would be worthwhile.

Unless I'm missing some important detail, it should be straightforward.
I'm working on other things now, but I think I can get to it in the
next few weeks. If you can prepare a patch for that, including
documentation, I'll take it :).