Re: [chrony-users] leapsectz and phc refclock offset

chrony assumes that the time delivered by your server clocks is correct. It
makes no assumptions about what sort of time is delivered. Now, you could
modify chrony to have it deliver utc rather than TAI. You could alster your
server to deliver UTC or you couuld have your timezonefiles do the conversion.
Or you could use the /usr/share/zoneinfo/right files to convert to your
favourite time assuming you system clock is in TAI rather than UTC. You could
have to make sure that you kept your leapsecond file up to date since it uses
that to figure out how may seconds it should alter

Mind you the "right" files only count leap seconds since 1970 (UT1), and do not
include the 10 seconds that was the TAI difference between U and TAI in 1972.
So you would have to edit the tzdata so that the "right" files included that
10 sec if you really want TAI( eg add 10 to each of the times. That way your system clock could be in TAI and
the date funtions still returns the correct time for your timezone.

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada V6T 1Z1 ____|____ and Gravity ______|_ www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/