Re:Re: [chrony-users] Is there any timer or sleep function in linux that is not influenced by chrony?

Thanks for your reply:-)

I've got admit that I don't know what the sleep or nanosleep functions do, and I'll go into it right away.
On the other hand, could you give some hint about how chrony speeds up/slow down the system clock? I'm asking this because I have some kind of urgent need and I might not have time to read the chrony's source code.

Thanks very muck:-)

At 2017-09-05 13:15:00, "Bill Unruh" <unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > >> Hi, everyone. >> >> I need to make a thread sleep for some amount of time which is influenced by "chrony's speeding up the system clock", is there >> any way? > >I would guess that you forgot a NOT in that sentence. >But you also seem to have a totally unwarrented faith in what the sleep or >nanosleep functions do. Once you learn that perhaps you will want to rethink >your question. >> >> Thanks:-) >> >> >>   >> >> >>